Request 2013 BlueMedicare Plan Information
To receive information on Blue Medicare plans in your area, please provide the following:
2013 BlueMedicare Regional PPO
BlueMedicare Regional PPO is all about flexibility and predictability. Available everywhere in Florida, BlueMedicare Regional PPO members have the freedom to choose their own doctors and hospitals, with no referrals necessary for most health care services.
Use providers inside our extensive BlueMedicare Regional PPO network and enjoy $0 deductible and affordable copays, or visit out-of-network providers for a higher out-of-pocket cost.
Plus, the plan provides Medicare Part D Prescription Drug coverage for generic and brand name drugs with mail order pharmacy benefits included for their convenience.
With affordable premiums, modest fixed copays and maximum out-of-pocket limits, BlueMedicare Regional PPO members can budget their health care costs without changing their lifestyle.
Please note that with any Medicare Advantage plan, members are required to continue paying their Medicare Part B (medical insurance) premium unless paid for by Medicaid or another third party. This is a Medicare Advantage plan, not a Medicare Supplement plan.
What are the benefits of a BlueMedicare Regional PPO plan?
- $0 monthly plan premium
- Modest, predictable copayments and coinsurance
- Freedom to choose doctors and hospitals
- Extensive Regional PPO network
- Preventive care services with no copayment
- Includes prescription drug coverage with $0 generic drug deductible and $6 generic drug copayment
- In-network travel coverage when using another Blue Cross and/or Blue Shield plan's Medicare Advantage PPO network
- Nationwide emergency coverage for medically-necessary services regardless of network
Individuals are eligible for benefits if they live in the BlueMedicare Regional PPO service area and:
- Are entitled to Medicare Part A and are enrolled in Medicare Part B
- Do not currently have ESRD (end-stage renal disease). If they develop ESRD while they are enrolled in a BlueMedicare Medicare Advantage Regional PPO, they will continue to receive benefits.
- Have had a kidney transplant and no longer require dialysis.
Value-added Member Services
As a member of a BlueMedicare plan, individuals get many quality services at no extra cost. Some of these are:
- Online health management: With our e-Medicine tool, members can schedule appointments, request referrals (if required by their plan), get prescription renewals and refills, view lab test results, and even have an e- office visit with their doctor.
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Florida is an Independent Licensee of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association.
*You must continue to pay the Medicare Part B premium, unless paid by Medicaid or another third party. If we determine that you owe a late enrollment penalty (or if you currently have a late enrollment penalty), you will still have to continue to pay this amount.
**Excludes Tier 4 Generic Specialty drugs.
A Medicare Advantage organization with a Medicare contract and a Medicare-approved Part D sponsor. These contracts are renewed annually, and the availability of coverage beyond the end of the current contract year is not guaranteed. Exclusions, limitations, copayments, coinsurance and deductibles may apply. The benefit information provided herin is a brief summary, not a comprehensive description of benefits. For more information, contact the plan. Medicare beneficiaries may enroll in BlueMedicare Regional PPO through the CMS Medicare Online Enrollment Center located at http://www.medicare.gov.